Location & Directions
"A mile or so before we arrived at Ardgroom, further west along Beara’s northern edge, we found another spot with a majestic view: the Ardgroom stone circle. Beara is dotted with an exceptional concentration of more than 600 archaeological sites – from standing stones to megalithic tombs and ring forts – and Ardgroom’s 3,000-year-old ceremonial stone circle is one of the country’s finest, its nine surviving pillars, plus one outside of the circle, still standing tall." The Guardian
The location of Beara Coast House is truly ideal for exploring the magnificent Beara Peninsula. Located just a short stroll to a traditional Irish pub, called The Village Inn. Although open all year round, it provides its full menu during the Summer months. Nearby is Harrington's which is a lovely cafe, with a tasty lunch menu, served all year round. You can also purchase petrol at the petrol station and turf for the open fire at Beara Coast House.
Ardgroom Village: 51.73350019999999 -9.896935799999937
Beara Coat House is located at Ardgroom Leisure Village in Ardgroom Beara Co Cork. Ardgroom is 10 miles/16 km from Castletownbere and 22 miles/36 km from Kenmare, on the Ring of Beara.
From Killarney 1 hour 20 mins
- Travel on N22 towards Cork for 13.5 km
- Take Right on to R569
- As you enter Kenmare go straight ahead on first roundabout onto Shelbourne St. After 100m take a left, Kenmare Post Office is facing you as you turn left.
- Travel for 900m on N71 across suspension bridge and take a right onto R571 and travel for 33 km.
- As you enter Ardgroom Harrington’s Post Office is on your right, turn right here and Leisure Village is on the left after 500m Beara Coast House is Number 19.
From Cork City 2 hours
- Take the N22 for 70 km passing through Macroom
- Turn left onto R569 for 25.1 km to Kenmare and follow
- N71 for 1.1 km and cross suspension bridge onto
- R571 and travel for 34 km to Ardgroom
- At Post Office (Harringtons) turn right
- Leisure Village is on the left. Beara Coast House is Number 19.
Don't hesitate - just go to Beara! Our whole family enjoyed this place so much, it was our favourite stop during our time in Ireland. We would happily go back tomorrow. The Beara Way is stunning, the weather can change a few times all within a minute, changing the views before you.